Monday, July 2, 2012

[Beauty] Etude House Silk Scarf Hair Treatment: Le Review

YES I KNOW. It's been about a couple of months since my last post and I'm well aware that I am slacking in my blogging faculties. :((( BUT as they say, better late than never: a cliche that saves many sanities. I am not about to abandon this dear blog o' mine. :P

Which brings us to our today's product for review: Etude House's Silk Scarf Hair Treatment. :3



I am not (yet) a huge fan of pink, but one of the things that first drew me to this product is its PACKAGING.
aheeheeheehee.

Have some similar products in the mold of this packaging on your dresser table or bathroom vanity and VOILA. Yes, princess. You have a very pretty collection of grooming tools and potions. Your brother will avoid them like the plague. Your sister, however, might covet them. :3

This is what the back of the tube looks like: with Korean instructions on top, followed by English instructions and ingredients list at the bottom:

                            

At 200 ml, it's a good-sized tube with enough product to last me for about three weeks to a month. I have long-ish and UTTERLY DAMAGED hair from so much bleach and color treatments. Maintaining my red hair as long as I can had me washing my hair at least two to three times a week (Ewww, you might say, but if you follow some Youtube gurus, a number of them make the discovery that washing hair daily can strip hair of its natural oils, causing it to be drier and frizzier if not careful...) So, I was meaning to say that this tube lasts me long enough to treat my hair and cover it from root to tip without spending too much or using too much. ^^;;


I have no idea why it's doing this. If you see nothing but lines, do take note that I am TRYING to post a photo of the ingredients list. >___>

If this terribly HELPFUL photo has ceased to enlighten you somewhat, I'll make it all the more helpful and post some noteworthy details of the product:

It's meant to be used 1-2 times a week.

It's a conditioner which you leave in for 5 minutes onto the hair before washing it out. It's not a leave-in conditioner. (Though the Silk Scarf line has one which I haven't purchased nor tried yet... but will probably do, someday)

It has a mix of natural and synthetic ingredients. Refer to terribly helpful photo if you can take a glimpse of its ingredients. ^^;;;

It's a flip-to-open-top tube:





It looks like this out of the tube:

If you see lines, click the photo to enlarge and hopefully that will help


It has a floral scent that may be overpowering at first, but depending if you like scent on your products or not, it's also noteworthy that the scent does not linger long in the hair after you've washed the product out and dried your hair. I usually simply air-dry my hair and the scent doesn't last very long. It's both a shame and a relief, because while the smell is pleasant, a little too much of it can create a bit of a headache.

SO... Does the stuff work?

As I mentioned earlier, my hair is damaged beyond belief. O_O I do use semi-permanent vegetable-based dyes for my hair, but before that, bleach and DIY hair dye kits ravaged my locks. Boredom and vanity don't really mix sometimes; you'd tend to overdo it. :P All I can say is that the hair treatment works WITHIN REASON. :P

For example:

Psylocke and piratical me at Toy Con 2012 ^_^

You can still see how damaged my hair looks. The dye is fading a bit and the light rather gave my hair a crispy kind of texture. IT DOES NOT LOOK HEALTHY. That much I admit. BUT!!

Look, Ma, no serious frizz from the depths of Hades.

I can actually put my hair down and keep it that way without my hair going all over the place. :3 While at a point my hair does get tangly, it doesn't end up being too unruly. I have naturally wavy hair and the waves just kept their place without looking too disgustingly wiry, as what my waves tend to do when my hair's all a-frizz.

Of course, I do use quite a bit more than usual when I go to events such as Toy Con. :P Here's another photo with some of my cosplay buddies:



Cosplays are known for costumes that go with wigs. But lo and behold, I used my real hair in all its copper glory. Eh. Whatever glory it has summoned at that time. :P

And while we're in the subject of hair, let me put this here for the absolute LULZ of the populace:

Gods of BadAss-Gardian Hair. 

I do believe that with regular use, the Silk Scarf Hair Treatment will give you similar results. Also I wanted an excuse to fangirl some more over these two ah yes 

On with the drill:


PROS:


  • It WORKS well enough depending on your current hair situation
  • Its packaging is adorable. Its place is SO NOT my bathroom floor.
  • A little goes a long way. You don't have to drown your hair in it in order for it to work
  • Makes your hair look presentable (again, depending on your hair situation) at events where a lot of photos will be taken
  • It smells nice, and while the smell is strong, it doesn't last long so as to overwhelm you.
  • Etude House products, as far as I know are CRUELTY-FREE. 


CONS:

  • It has DIMETHICONE. Most conditioners have this in order to seal moisture in. Used according to product instructions, your hair will be quite fine; used too often, Dimethicone will kill your hair.
  • If you're not fond of powerful floral smells (even if it fades quickly overtime as you use it on your hair), then this stuff may not be for you
  • Be careful with the flip-top cap. Like other flip-top caps, if you're not careful, the cover might tear out of its plastic-y hinges.

Do I recommend: YES, I've already done so to a couple of friends and they loved it. :3

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 

Will I repurchase: This hair treatment. I LIKE IT. ANOTHER!!!!!!!


I am already on my third tube and will probably keep repurchasing until I find something better. :P

THERE THERE THOR, THERE'S PLENTY OF HAIR STUFF FOR ALL TO GO AROUND

I wonder if any of you tried it and actually hated it? :P Perhaps you loved it too. Let me know in the comments section or something. Teehee.


LURVE,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis