HBC: How Brilliantly Cool.
Hahaha, I kid, I kid. Needless to say, though, HBC is one of those affordable local brands that garner attention in beauty networks and forums. While their products are apparently not high end, they cater to a whole lot of hair care, body care, skin care, and make up needs of little ladies to the older ones, from your average high school girl to an experienced parlorista.
Which brings me to my point:
This stuff is one of their more recent releases in their hair care/color line (now in case some of you are wondering, HP means "Hortaleza Professional," one of their home brands that supposedly caters to salons and those who's like at-home salon treatments... but know what they're doing. :P). The product's got a lot of "subtitles" as you can see from the photo, such as:
HAIR + PERFECTION
HENNA + KERATIN
COLOR & REPAIR
And all for a nice price of 249Php.
So, is it a sweet deal? Let's take a look!
|This is its packaging, without the sleeve thingie|
|Aye, this be the henna tattoo I got at ze beach. ^^|
- Smells nice
- Isn't harsh on hair and scalp (but I do recommend a skin patch test all the same... which I didn't do D'OHHH)
- works on giving hair a nice shine (though not sure how long it'll last)
- contains natural ingredients such as henna powder
- leaves hair soft as well
- No color deposit whatsoever :((((
- left an orange stain on my clothes and hands *but goes away afterwards... like the tattoo, IS NOT PERMANENT :P)
- Instructions did not specify how much henna should be dumped on the hair. In some videos I've seen, when applying henna on hair, it should look like a CLUMP OF CAKE FROSTING... and I mean a HUGE clump on your head.
- If that's the case in all henna-based products, then one pot would not be enough for my hair